Kathleen McLaughlin discusses a new reporting project - On the Ground; reporting from all corners of America - a series created in partnership with the Guardian US and The Economic Hardship Reporting Project. It serves to address the lack of rural voices and perspectives in America's mainstream media.
- The "On the Ground” series - https://goo.gl/VqJt5p
- The Guardian’s overview of the "On the Ground” series: How we're working with reporters from around America to cover class and inequality - https://goo.gl/Q4Hpai
- The Economic Hardship Reporting Project website, a nonprofit dedicated to supporting reporting on American financial struggle - http://economichardship.org/
- The UK is also making moves to support regional news - BBC opens applications for regional titles to take in reporters as part of the Local News Partnership - https://goo.gl/yLddvE
- Kathleen McLaughlin @kemc
- A superb read by Kathleen: The big journalism void: ‘The real crisis is not technological, it’s geographic’ https://goo.gl/nvhxID
- Also by Kathleen: America’s local newspapers might be broke - but they’re more vital than ever - https://goo.gl/dCVjjx