In this episode, we speak with a Bolton University Multimedia Journalism MA (immj-ma.org) graduate student. Biel Calderon - www.bielcalderon.com / @BielCalderon - works as a multimedia editor at Greenpeace in Bangkok. We discuss what it’s like going from journalism into the non-profit sector, some of the new trends and tools being used in non-profit communications and the increasingly blurred line between advocacy and journalism.
- Marcus Bleasdale - Photography, Expanded: Rethinking Engagement and Impact - www.opensocietyfoundations.org/voices/ph…nd-impact
- Surviving El Niño - Greenpeace (26min documentary - beautiful drone & camera work) - www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9DRSgbeWUY
- Recent short videos (with drone, no subtitles, for Facebook Greenpeace Thailand) - www.facebook.com/greenpeaceseath/…153711486802098/ - www.facebook.com/greenpeaceseath/…153711483207098/
- VR Video Save the Arctic (with Ryot) - www.facebook.com/greenpeace.inter…153877470878300/
- A Sustainable Catch - Video produced by Biel Calderon for Greenpeace - realfoodfilms.org/video/a-sustainable-catch/
- Online multimedia research report (Biel contributed to design, curating photos and video editing) - www.greenpeace.org/seasia/th/Globa…png1/index.html
- A short video interviewing www.imm-ma (our Multimedia Journalism MA) graduates, discussing the multimedia journalism, storytelling, training and editorial careers they have entered since graduation. - vimeo.com/161025775