After a week of Las Vegas madness the dust has settled on this year's NAB show and Multimedia Week looks back on all the new gear that was announced that is useful for single operator multimedia/video/visual journalists. We talk with Emmy award winning video journlaist Chuck Fadely who was at the show reporting for newsshooter.com. To see Chuck's videos and other news shooter staff's work head over to http://www.newsshooter.com. Follow Chuck on Twitter @NewspaperVideo.
D J Clark discusses VR, 360 video and the making of Asia's Ailing Heritage Sites with Marc Lajoie. In the news DJ catches up from the last few weeks and looks forward to NAB.
See the project being discussed at https://projects.asiaweekly.com/asias-ailing-heritage/
Matthew Cassel, a filmmaker and multimedia journalist based in the Mediterranean region, discusses his six-part short form documentary series, “The Journey,” commissioned by Field of Vision and the New Yorker, which follows a Syrian family separated by war as they try to reunite in Europe.
The University of Bolton’s, Beijing based, International Multimedia Journalism Programme kindly sponsors this podcast. See more at www.immj-ma.org
Podcast hosts Sharron Lovell and D J Clark discuss the winning productions from the Wolrd Press Photo Short FormDigital Story telling contest.
- Ben Blyth homeless video - www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYA2oE5yj_U&t=7s
- Aimee Herd & Cath Lothian trying out Facebook videos - https://www.facebook.com/herdingcats1
- Emily Keohane short documentary film - https://youtu.be/RKV8PHwJK4E
- Rebecca Saunders - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/farming/beautiful-pictures-tell-story-wales-12430016
- Craig Redmond - https://craigredmond.exposure.co/speaking-of-nature
- Stephen Meredith - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/what-its-like-your-drink-12035772
- Sam Padget - https://vimeo.com/148263883
In this first episode of 2017 all four podders, Sharron, Sean, Yan and DJ come together to discuss developments from the previous year and what to expect in 2017. In the news there are a few developments from CES and a quick look at what is on DJ's shopping list.
Eefje Ludwig from the Photographic Museum of Humanity speaks about the PHM Grant 2017 and other projects the PH Museum is taking on. Find out more about the PH Museum and the grants at phmuseum.com.
Earlier this month, Yan sat down with Vietnamese photographer Dat Vu and Cambodia-based Italian photographer Thomas Cristofoletti and chatted about photo and journalism collectives. Thomas is a co-founder of Ruom, a journalism collective focusing on social issues and stories. Dat is part of Matca, a newly-founded photo platform for Vietnamese photographers. It’s always important for photographers to have a community to share on-going work, to exchange ideas and to initiate collaborations. Dat and Thomas talk about the opportunities and challenges their collectives face.
- Lieko Shiga - Rasen Kaigan http://www.liekoshiga.com/works/rasen-kaigan/
- The Propeller Group - The Living Need Light, The Dead Need Music http://www.the-propeller-group.com/dead-music
- Looking for inspirations outside photography, for example the cinematography of TV Series “Mr. Robot”
- Evgenia Arbugaeva http://www.evgeniaarbugaeva.com/
- Angkor Photo Festival & Workshops http://www.angkor-photo.com
- Andrew Donohue @add
In this special edition of the podcast DJ talks to Sharron about what he believe s is the perfect single operator multimedia equipment setup. For the podcast he speaks about the making of a short film http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/11/wildlife-solar-fence-chain-free-elephants-nepal/ and how he used this setup.